As the situation with Covid-19 continues to evolve day-to-day, our top priority during these challenging times continues to be health and safety.
Our communities are working hard to prevent the spread of Covid-19, and to support these efforts, we will temporarily close all campus locations effective March 19th 2020 to support social distancing efforts and based on recommendations from local health authorities. There will be no flights out of Delta campus. Hospitality Management Diploma and Ground School for aviation will continue online for the time being.
We will continue to support our students in the best possible way during closure. We look forward to welcoming students and staff members and thank you for your understanding during these extraordinary circumstances.
Please follow the directions from Public Health Ministry and self-isolate as much as possible to avoid the spread of COVID-19 even if you are not infected as symptoms may not be present for up to 14 days. On a positive side, there has been some developments in the cure as they are already running tests and the new cases are declining in China.
Once we have a positive news on containment or cure from the government, we will reopen both of our campuses to resume normal operations. Please continue to monitor college emails about the reopening our locations.
There are three COVID-19 updates:
Federal Travel Restrictions
- The federal government announced several travel restrictions in response to COVID-19 including limitations on:
- International flights;
- Entry of passengers to Canada, including those who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents; and,
- Entry of passengers with COVID-19 symptoms.
- Further details are available on federal government websites:
- New Transport Canada measures for COVID-19 response; and,
Special Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada measures to help temporary and permanent residents and applicants affected by the novel coronavirus (COVID‑19).
COVID-19 Symptom Self-assessment Tool
The BC Ministry of Health developed a COVID-19 symptom self-assessment tool to help determine whether you may need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the BC Pandemic Preparedness
- Monitor the BC Centre for Disease Control website for updates, information and resources.
- For non-health related COVID-19 questions (e.g. supports, programs, etc), a new dedicated phone line is available at 1-888-COVID-19.
- For advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, contact your local Medical Health Officer.