Few days ago the Provincial Health Officer extended province-wide COVID-19 restrictions as noted below:
Extension of PHO province-wide restrictions
On December 7, 2020 BC’s Provincial Health Officer (PHO) ordered an extension to existing province-wide restrictions to reduce the transmission of COVID-19.
- The PHO Gatherings and Events Order, which has been in effect since November 19, 2020, has been extended to January 8, 2021 at midnight.
- All events and social gatherings are suspended to significantly reduce COVID-19 transmission related to social interactions.
- All non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
Thank you for the important role you play in supporting the provincial COVID-19 response. Please share these updates broadly within your respective institutions.
- COVID-19 guidelines for BC’s post-secondary sector are hosted on the Ministry’s public website.
- Guidance and recommendations from the Provincial Health Officer are available online at the COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information website.
- If you require advice regarding a potential COVID-19 case, please contact your local Medical Health Officer.
- Please find Insignia College COVID-19 Safety Plan as our response to Operations.